Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Last 60 Minutes as a Teenager

Display

For many of you, this is not something important. Well, for me, it is. I even don’t know why, but it is. I’m really excited. You may say: there’s not much difference between being 19 and 20 years old. Maybe yes, maybe no… But I feel like I start a new level of my life and that’s what makes this birthday so different.


What have we learned from being teenagers? We understood the importance of having true friends. Having friends to whom you can share everything from your daily life… Having friends to fight with… We also learned that you can’t always count to everybody… Unfortunately, you can’t even count to your “bff”, because you can never know what will happen.

Being a teenager is having fun. Usually (or at least in Bulgaria, because we become adult on age of 18 and not 21), these are the most fun years of your life. This is the time for you to understand what you want to do with your life, what you enjoy doing the most, what your hobbies should be. Probably dancing? Or singing? Drawing or cooking maybe? These are the years when you have fun with your friends, going to clubs, hanging out in the park, talking until early mornings. Fun, fun, fun!

Teenage hood is not all about having fun. It’s also about learning how to be responsible. This is the time to prepare ourselves for the real life after 20 – work, family, tough responsibilities. Although sometimes, we are not quite good in being responsible, what better way to learn than make a few mistakes?

While being a teenager, we learn how to take our own decisions. Want to listen to Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber? Or want to be a nerd? Want to look like a princess on your prom and wearing a big pink dress? Or you just want to be the best gamer… It doesn’t matter what you decide… you should just be responsible for your choices and still be proud of making them on your own.

And last… being a teenager means to understand how important love is. I’m sure that your heart was broken at least one time. This doesn’t matter that you should give up. This is one of the best lessons in your life and you should not underestimate what you learned.

Now, I have only 15 minutes as a teenager. I’m going to miss these years… I will probably even miss all of my ex-boyfriends (sounds like they were at least two hundreds, doesn’t it?), my old friends that decided they have more important things to do than spending being friends with me and all the mistakes I’ve done (well, they are just a few :D). Now, I will be an adult. I should start being one, acting like one, thinking like one. This is so exiting! Thank you for spending this time with me… And talk to you soon! Bye :)

No comments:

Post a Comment